Good Measure Washington Wines

Wholly owned and produced by Crafted Brands

Good Measure Wines (GMW)

Good Measure Wines (GMW) is the PAC-Northwest sibling to our single-vineyard project, Square, Plumb & Level (SPL) wines. GMW is created by two, home improvement, woodworking fanatics that love wine and entertaining friends and family; we’re always looking for a project. If you think about it, “for good measure” is a staple catch phrase stating that someone has taken an extra step to ensure detail or quality assurance of a project or action is not overlooked; this is exactly what we did with Good Measure Wines.

It’s the measure we use, measured back to you. 

Download Info Sheet

2019

Horse Heaven Hills, Destiny Ridge Vineyard Unoaked Chardonnay

Download Info Sheet

Our Chardonnay is 100% varietally pure, made in the sur-lie method and without any oak influence.  We de-stem 75% of our lots into open top, stainless steel fermentation tanks to cold soak for 2.5 days.  We then let the remaining juice to mingle with the native yeast for 22 days.  Post-fermentation the juice is aged 3 months sur-lie, stirring bi-monthly to increase mouth feel, resulting in 15% malolactic.  Good Measure Chardonnay boasts bright citrus notes and is complimented by equally bright acidity. 

The Destiny Ridge Vineyard benefits from strong, stirring air currents that arrive from the west via the Columbia River Gorge; combined with the slope of the vineyard this reduces the likelihood of rot, fungal diseases or frost taking hold.  These factors produce intense-flavored grapes with a structural balance of sugars and acids. 

Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
Profile: Fresh, green apple tart, subtle spice, citrus notes
Pairing: Baked brie, goat cheese, grilled chicken, fresh shellfish

2019

Horse Heaven Hills, Destiny Ridge Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon

Download Info Sheet

Our Cabernet Sauvignon is 100% varietally pure. We hand-pick and de-stem 100% of our lots into open top, stainless steel fermentation tanks to cold soak for 1.5 days. We then let the juice mingle with the native yeast for 12 days all the while pumping over the juice 2-3 times per day until the brix drop below 10, then 1 pump-over per day until the brix drop below 5. We press off the juice at 0.9 brix separating the free run and the hard press. The juice is then racked to 100% French Oak, 35% of the barrels are new with the remaining 65% being 2-4 yr old barrels, for 18 months. Good Measure Cabernet Sauvignon boasts plush, red fruit with great acidity and a chewy tannic finish.

Blend: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Profile: Black cherry, cassis, brown spice
Pairing: Grilled burgers, bratwurst, Mom’s Meatloaf

Copyright Crafted Brands, All Rights Reserved